The START:IP initiative gives companies access to yet to be discovered, patented cutting-edge technology from academic research. Together with university technology transfer offices, INiTS selects high-tech inventions from domestic and international universities and research institutions.
At the annual START:IP Matching Day, inventors personally present their technologies and discuss possible applications. Licensing agreements can be discussed on site and unbureaucratically. Interested companies thus have an information advantage and can align the researched technology to customer needs in time, allowing them to generate a competitive advantage.
On the other hand, the patent portfolios of many companies contain technologies that are commercially promising but do not fit strategic orientation and therefore remain unused. During the START:IP Matching Day, these inventions can be presented to other companies, potential founders and investors to find interested parties for out-licensing.
At Health Hub Vienna INiTS works with partners from the health industry and international health-tech startups that already have a marketable product and first customers.
Companies benefit from:
- Access to and cooperation with innovative health-tech startups, academic institutions and other health industry players from all over the world
- Early recognition of trends in health care
- Promotion of innovation through cooperation with the leading startup incubator in the D-A-CH region
- Access to talent and promotion of intrapreneurship within the own organisation
- International visibility in MedTech and startup ecosystems