Miracor Medical Systems is commercializing a unique and potentially disruptive technology, PICSO®, for acute coronary syndrome (“ACS”, or “heart attack”), heart failure and cardiac surgery patients.
Miracor is an Austrian medical device company dedicated to develop and commercialize the PICSO® (Pressure-controlled Intermittent Coronary Sinus Occlusion) technology. The PICSO® technology intermittently occludes the outflow of venous blood from the heart muscle. This occlusion shortly increases the pressure in the myocardium which is believed to have a positive effect after a heart attack. Clinical data is already available documenting the positive impact of PICSO® in patients undergoing revascularization procedures after thrombolytic therapy. Miracor aims to develop a completely new platform for the PICSO® technology called the Miracor PICSO® Impulse System consisting of a driving console and associated catheters.The company will conduct new clinical trials to document the safety and effectiveness of the PICSO® Impulse System in patients undergoing coronary revascularization with percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI).
+43 1 23665760
- Miracor appoints Dr. Werner Braun to its Board of Directors: t.co/DexeX9LpAv
- 1st German heart attack patient treated with PICSO by Prof Sack at the General Academic Hospital Schwabing, Munich: t.co/fNIl0rAU7s
- Miracor is granted 5 US patents and 1 European patent making 2012 a record patent year for the company: t.co/Nuh7O2Wh
- NHS Horizon Scanning Centre profiles the #Miracor PICSO technology as the first UK STEMI patient is treated: t.co/8LcWiqeB
- First UK STEMI patient treated using PICSO at the Royal Infirmary in Manchester. t.co/K9PjVNtv’s-PICSO®-System-Time-CE-Mark-UK
Follow @Miracor_Medical on twitter.