AplusB (Academia plus Business) is an initiative started by the Federal Ministry of Transport, Innovation and Technology (BMVIT) in 2002 that is implemented by the Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG) to support visionary entrepreneurs in launching and growing their startups.
Eight regional AplusB centers (incubators) have been established across Austria that advise and support qualified academic founders. INiTS is the AplusB center in Vienna.
The AplusB centers help support and accelerate the development of academic startup projects with consulting, network, office space and funding. The program focuses on the areas of growth, financing and internationalization.
AplusB program objectives:
- Stimulate startups
- Provide startup know-how
- Advise and support entrepreneurs
- Develop startup networks
- Offer infrastructure, e.g. office space
- Increase the number of academic spin-offs
- Improve the quality and success probability of startups
- Increase the number of startups from universities, polytechnics and other research institutions
- Utilize research results and transfer technology
AplusB´s interest group and network includes Austrian universities as well as technical colleges, research institutions, funding agencies and private companies.
More information under www.aplusb.biz